Have you ever wondered why clinics advertise “muscle relaxing injections” and “antiwrinkle injections” rather than specifying the actual product name (e.g., Botox) It’s because the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has imposed a legal restriction which disallows the advertising of schedule 4 drugs. As it turns out, the active ingredient Botulinum Neurotoxin A in antiwrinkle injections is classified as a schedge 4 drug. Unfortunately, this advertising restriction can make it difficult for consumers to do price comparison shopping because the product that one clinic is using may not be the same as the one a competitor is using so the prices are not comparable. And since the product names cannot be advertised it falls an the consumer to make the inquiry.
Nita is not a fan of using vague generalised words to describe botulinum type A injections as it does nothing to educate the consumer and pricing cannot be fairly compared. Furthermore, the product Units, which is how most pricing is based, are not necessarily equal across brands which confuses the consumer even more.
Briefly,antiwrinkle injections relax muscles. Dynamic lines are formed by repetitive facial muscle movements. Antiwrinkle injections can reduce the appearance of dynamic lines. However, static lines, such as sleep lines and ageing skin can not be treated with botulinum toxin A based injections but can be treated with fillers.
Muscle relaxing injections performed by a skilled injector will minimise undesirable side effects, such as droopy eyebrows, dropped cheeks and crows feet.
Nita is a certified advance injector with 25 years of experience. Using bot…based antiwrinkle products and fillers, either alone or in combination Nita is able to achieve a natural, rejuvenated and aesthetically balanced appearance in the following areas ;
- Horizontal forehead lines
- Frown lines
- Eyes Crows feet
- Lower eyelid wrinkling near nose
- Lifting eyebrows
- Balancing uneven eyebrows
- Bunny nose lines
- Raising Nose tip
- Narrowing nostril flare
- Flipping lips making them look fuller
- Softening smokers lines
- Turning corners of mouth up
- Chin crease
- Excessive dimpling reduction of Chin
- Nefertiti jawline lift
- Platysma vertical neck bands
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) of forehead, under arms , hands.
- Bell’s palsy balancing muscles
- Relaxing masseter teeth grinding.
- Reducing masseter to narrow jawline resulting in more of a v shape rather than square shape face.
- Super diluted mesotherapy into skin to reduce excessive oil that causes acne.
- Mesotheraoy full face combination of hydrating HA and tox to target top layer of smas . By relaxing the top layer of the smas (fine muscle layer under the skin) the lower layer of the smas contracts which tightens overall face and neck skin.
- Reducing calf size
- Reducing shoulder muscle trapezium to elongate the appearance of the neck.
The amount of neurotoxin and or filler needed for each indication varies, thus the cost varies. During a comprehensive consultation Nita will discuss your individual needs, recommend dosage , and review contraindications and possible side effects.
With the consent of her prescribing doctor Nita Injects gently and is very cautious to avoid blood vessels. Bruising is rare but possible.
Effects of the tox vary in longevity depending on the dose, but generally lasts 3 to 4 months. With the exception of jaw and hyperhidrosis injections which can last up to 7 to 8 months.
Nita’s reconstitutes the powder in the vial with the manufacturers recommended 2.5 ml saline dose which gives the optimum results. She is fully trained with all 3 TGA approved brands of botulinum neurotoxin A that is available on the Australian market.
Some people build up a resistance to one brand so switching brands often solves the problem.